The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for site/civil engineering projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of civil engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Initiates and reviews proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Operations Manager or Sales Manager of potential opportunities to market Jacobs's civil engineering services.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction for site/civil facilities.
• Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
• Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement, as well as, exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience on site/civil projects
- Minimum of 5 years as a project manager on site/civil projects
- Experience in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is preferred
- Experience with retail, commercial, and federal projects is required. Experience with multiple types of projects highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with MSProject, Microsoft Office, and AutoCADD is required
- Must have developed the following skills; civil engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
- Registration as a Texas Professional Engineer is required with the ability to obtain professional registration in multiple States
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.