Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Transmission Operations - Contract Management Department is responsible for the end-to-end administration, including vendor management, contract origination and contract oversight, for electric transmission line and substation projects throughout PG&E's service territory.
As part of the TO Contract Management organization, the EPC Cross-Cutting (EPC-CC) Program has been established to create a long-term partnership between PG&E and two prime suppliers to provide the majority of external engineering, procurement, and construction services for the electric project portfolio.
This is a principal-level position that requires mastery of the business and contract management. The EPC-CC Contract Administrator supports contract management with functions specifically related to the establishment, implementation, and ongoing management of the EPC Cross-Cutting program for Transmission Operations. Incumbents are responsible to various degrees of complexity for the management of contracts and ensuring contract compliance, as well as fostering a positive working relationship between the EPC-CC contractors and PG&E.
• 10 years of relevant working experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience.
• 10 years of Utility experience, including 5 years of contract administration or equivalent project management
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, including EXCEL, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Construction Management, Supply Chain Management, Project Management or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in the use of Project Management tools and current company tools, such as SAP Financials and SRM
• Familiarity with electric construction drawings and substation design
• Familiarity with PG&E sourcing processes and documentation
EPC CC Program Support
• Manage and facilitate activities for contract development including scope, pricing, and contract structure and contractor incentives in partnership with TO Contract Management team and Sourcing for assigned program or projects.
• Participate in various weekly and monthly meetings representing the EPC-CC program, including work allocation meetings
• Participate in EPC CC Operation Steering committee meetings; providing key updates from vendors and EPC CC program team; ensure contractor metrics are up to date.
• Build relationships within the LoBs at all levels to effectively communicate and promote the goals and objectives of the program. Work with LoBs to review & validate status of projects that are in the program
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the Contractor/Program Scorecard metrics, as well as monitor & report on performance
• May recommend and/or oversee systems, processes, and procedures regarding strategy application, work-stream efficiency and documentation quality & compliance.
EPC CC Contractor Operational Primary Point of Contact
• Serve as assigned EPC-CC contractor's operational primary point-of-contact, including serving as the liaison between assigned EPC-CC contractor and PG&E Project Management/LoBs.
• Identify, communicate, and facilitate resolution of issues between the assigned EPC-CC contractor and LoBs at the operational level
• Oversee overall development, execution and administration of assigned EPC-CC contractor contract work authorizations (CWAs)
• Serve as program's SME on assigned EPC-CC contractor's MSA with PG&E
• Lead continuous process improvement efforts
• Assist with the development of communication materials and alignment
• Build out procedural and process initiatives as needed