The Technical Field Support Technician role is key to our success at Vestas. We are looking for an experienced wind technician who is able to troubleshoot, articulate regarding his/her process and document complex issues in order to solve the issues and train technicians on how to handle similar issues in the future. The individual chosen for this role will travel between our locations in US & Canada. If you've been aching to use your knowledge and experience to support a larger spectrum of operations, then this is the opportunity you've been waiting for!
Technical Field Support Technician - NA
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc. - Service - US & Canada
Provide the Service Department a dedicated experienced resource for technical support to the sites for project and service related problems and document specific technical issue and propose corrective actions.
- Troubleshooting experience with complex electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems in wind turbines.
- Provide technical assistance and training to site technicians during commissioning of a project.
- Accurately documents solutions related to complex issues.
- Create work instructions for field work as part of corrective actions.
- Recommend revisions to work instructions.
- Provide technical assistance to service technicians to resolve day to day issues, i.e. troubleshooting, documentation issues, and clarification of written procedures.
- Perform field investigations to resolve technical problems.
- Collect and analyze turbine performance data utilizing Vestas tools to provide technical assistance.
- Travel up to 75%, flexibility to work varying shifts, overtime including weekends.
- Vestas Service Technician III experience required or equivalent. Level 300 certification required or capable of certification.
- 7 years of experience with GE 1.5 specific turbine commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of turbine components and operation (Hardware, Software, Power Control, Generator Voltage and Current control)
- AS degree or ASEET degree desired.
- Experience working with internal and/or external customers.
- Ability to manage expectations and drive customer satisfaction.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP workflow system.
- Good presentation and public speaking ability; ability to answer complex technical questions or topics/matters with preparation in a way that ensures a potentially non-technical audience can understand concepts.
- Considered by peers to be a SME.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in an environment using a decentralized, team-based approach.
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at heights up to 330 feet
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights and with adverse conditions during operations and when participating in emergency activities
- Ability to enter and work in a confined space
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test
- Valid driver's license and insurable by company's vehicle insurance carrier
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position requires approximately 75% travel between work sites within the US and Canada.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.