Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse Fortune 500 providers of professional technical services. We successfully deliver the full breadth of building services - planning, architecture, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build - to a diversified base of leading public and private clients across the globe.
We are currently seeking an exceptionally motivated Estimator to support NY Office of Government Services in Albany NY. This individual must be experienced in all trades including electrical and mechanical.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Assisting EIC's in writing scope of work, review of contractor Change Order / Field Order proposals, estimate cost of additional work, confirm CO/FO include all required forms and proper back-up information.
• Assists of reviewing/estimating and negotiating multiple project Change Orders.
• Minimum of 6 years in construction estimating involving multiple phases of large scale building/rehabilitation projects valued above $2 million.
• Experience in cost preparation / review of architectural, mechanical, electrical components of building projects
• Experience with Cost Works and Blue Book will be beneficial but not required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.