Are you looking for a challenging and inspiring job where you are an important and visible part of a competent team working at international level that develops, manages and supplies electrotechnical solutions for the marine sector? ABB is a worldwide group active in the field of energy and automation technology. ABB is the world's biggest supplier of industrial motors and drive units, the biggest supplier of generators for the wind industry and the biggest supplier of electricity grids. In addition, ABB technologies propel the world's biggest cruise ship. ABB Marine & Ports offers a comprehensive range of electrotechnical and automation solutions for the maritime sector. Our systems are based on pioneering ABB technology in the field of power, drive units and automation and have proved for decades that they meet the stringent requirements of marine and offshore applications.
As Service Engineer in the Marine & Ports department, you are responsible for servicing and commissioning a variety of systems. This means that you are involved in a very wide application of technologies in fields such as process, regulating and alarm systems, switch and distribution sets and adjustable drive units.
The emphasis in this position lies on the power systems, such as switchboards, switches, security systems and management systems.
Your responsibilities include:
- Providing service for products and systems autonomously.
- Looking at points for improvement with customers.
You will travel abroad regularly in this position.
- You have a diploma from a higher technical college (energy engineering, electronics or information technology) or a diploma from a secondary technical college supplemented by several years' experience.
- You have several years' experience in a technical service position.
- You have knowledge and experience of electrotechnical and automation processes, preferably in the maritime sector.
- You are solution-oriented and service-minded; this means that you carry out the activities, irrespective of the time and location and are prepared to travel abroad regularly.
- Good command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
- You have a category B driving licence.
- You do not have a 9-to-5 mentality.