Corporate Research Center located in Krakow is one of seven ABB research units in the world. Here we create innovative solutions for our products and systems. It is a unique opportunity for you to work on international projects in interdisciplinary scientific teams. For our growing development team we are currently looking for candidates for a position of Power Electronics Engineer. Within this position you will have an opportunity to take part in the development of new environment-friendly power converters.
• Work on strategic technology direction of the organization, proposing innovative technology and solutions;
• Design and develop new power electronics converters;
• Perform simulations and verification tests;
• Prepare design documentation and converters industrialization;
• Collaborate and provide support & consulting to other teams.
• University degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering or similar;
• Minimum 3 years of experience in designer position;
• Ability to design high power conversion devices in terms of reliability and thermal management;
• Knowledge of industrial and product standards for power converters would be additional advantage
• Knowledge of control algorithms, analogue and microcontroller control hardware for IGBT, IGCT and thyristor (semiconductor) based power converters;
• Practical experience with prototype and type testing;
• Knowledge of design software tools: PSpice, Altium Designer; EPLAN would be additional advantage;
• Fluent English language.