Assume responsibility for specific technical areas and prepare procedures as required. Performs wiring and pin/socket assembly and preventive maintenance activities in the facility. Responsibilities include:
• Correct and timely completion of work orders
• Documentation and file maintenance
• Utilize Asset Management database software
• Operate pressure transducers, transmitters, load cells, temperature transmitters, gas analyzers and handheld/bench top test instruments such as multimeters, process calibrators, thermometers.
• Work with computers, Microsoft-Office applications, and other database tools to perform routine tasks.
• Perform equipment lock out as needed
• Manage consumable inventories
• Schematic reading, trouble shoot facility problems, participate in facility upgrade projects
• Planned maintenance - preventive maintenance of instrument/subsystem
• Reactive maintenance - Instrument/system troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair
• Compliance with local safety and quality procedures
High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or equivalent in instrumentation, electronics, or a related discipline
- Experience in instrument component repair, and instrumentation / electrical schematic reading
- Have an understanding of 12 volt electronics, instrumentation, engine and drivetrain components and their functions.
- Computer experience
Inside facility - 100%
Must be able to lift less than 50 lbs. - 10%
Climbing - 25%
Safety glasses, hearing protecting on sites, and safety shotes - 100%
Audiogram required (TWA over 85 dB)
Sitting - 50%
Standing - 50%
Equipment and Machines
Computer - 25%
PMHV - 25%
Air driven sockets, basic hand tools - 25%
Monday through Friday - 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Days (2nd shift) but shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours.
Regular attendance and punctuality critical
Other Essential Functions
Must pass a drug screen, background check, and HPE.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.