Responsible for developing business requirements and objectives that align ITIL v3 best practices to the Product Manager Marine Corps Network and Infrastructure Services (PdM MCNIS) for the USMC IT environment. In doing so, the selected applicant will be responsible for providing detailed research and analysis in both Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and project management principals resulting in support of product development and supporting project management through the use of standard tools (Microsoft Project) for a portfolio of projects. Other areas of support will include, but not be limited to: meeting support (note taking, action item identification, and tracking), drafting and delivering reports and products to Project/Team Lead for approval prior to delivery to the customer; providing the status of product development per the project schedule; collecting, monitoring, and analyzing data related to project execution; and preparing various reports and presentations to support project teams. The successful candidate must be organized and analytically capable of assessing processes, procedures, project risks, and project documentation. Should be capable of facilitating meetings and be comfortable speaking during.
Other duties as assigned.
Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, industrial management, or appropriate discipline plus eight (8) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills and analytical capabilities required.
- Must have understanding of multiple ITIL processes, such as RqF, KM, AM, AvM, DM, SLM, CM, PbM, IM, EM, ChM, SCM, CfM, RDM, and SACM .
- Must understand the fundamentals of project management.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of risk management, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and DoD 5000 Acquisition Lifecycle Framework is a plus.
- Demonstrate technical writing capability at the intermediate level. Includes the ability to demonstrate proper technical writing skills (i.e. use of proper grammar, sentence structure, sentence syntax, and verb tense).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or support multiple tasks during meetings (i.e. run computer, take notes, capture action items etc.)
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be competent in MS Office suite software (Word, Power Point, Excel).
- Familiarization with the use of Webex teleconference equipment and web hosted sharing products (i.e. SharePoint) preferred.
- Must have, or be able to obtain and maintain, a Secret Security Clearance.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Requires the ability to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Arlington, VA.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.