JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Within our Water Utilities Group in Leeds we are looking for a Senior Networks Engineer to assist in the continued growth of our Water business across the UK. Applicants must have a proven track record in undertaking feasibility studies on water networks have the ability to lead a team delivering projects for a number of UK Clients.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Senior Network Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do.
- Leading water network teams in the delivery of model build studies, distribution zonal studies and other related feasibility studies for a range of UK Clients
- Assisting with the development of the Water Networks business in the UK including building Client relationships and supporting on Tender submissions
- Recruiting and developing a team of junior network modellers and engineers
- Delivering scopes of work to quality standards, agreed budget and time frames.
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering, geography-related or numerate analytical discipline
- Chartered status or close to attainment of chartered status (ideally ICE/CIWEM).
- Proven ability to deliver water networks projects, liaising directly with clients and mentoring other project team members.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of standard industry clean water hydraulic modelling software, including use for calibration and feasibility/design of solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of source to tap operation of water distribution networks, including regulatory requirements, demand variations,
- Demonstrable ability to manage the lifecycle of a technical study, including scope-setting, limitations and constraints and presentation of evidence-based conclusions and solutions.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of data management, processing and analysis through use of GIS, database and spreadsheet software.
- Good technical report writing skills and ability to review the work of others and provide constructive feedback.
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK, Ireland, and international).
- Client meetings and site visits as required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all