Jacobs® is one of the world's largest & most diverse providers of technical, professional & construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. We help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health & Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, You'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Position Summary - Geomatics Department Manager Middle East Region - KSA based.
At Jacobs our structural engineers are responsible for the structural design for new structures as well as existing structural upgrades. Our engineers design unique and challenging projects, and perform investigations to make expert recommendations to clients for various purposes.
• Lead the in house Geomatics department in the delivery of Topographical Survey, ROW Survey, 3D Laser scanning, GPR/Underground utility mapping and GIS.
• Perform business development duties for the growth of the Geomatics department with key clients.
• Tender, win and deliver Geospatial projects.
• Report to senior management on work load and resourcing.
• Mentor the Geomatics team and ensure implementation of company H&S and QAQC procedures.
• Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current or prospective clients.
• Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions.
• Keep up to date on the latest Geospatial technologies and work flows and implement same as required.
• Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 15 Years Geospatial /Survey industry experience.
• Broad understanding of Geospatial industry and modern technique and when and where to apply them.
• Project management experience including managing resources, budgets and meeting deadlines.
• Proficient with modern survey techniques and technology such as CAD, C3D, Cyclone, LFM, SP3D, ARCGIS, LSS etc.
• Proficient in Topographical Survey, ROW Survey, 3D Laser scanning, GPR/Underground utility mapping, as builting and GIS.
• As builting background.
• Willing to work independently and as part of a team.
• Willing to travel throughout the Middle East region with occasional overnight assignments.
• Willing to work at site as required.
• Strong leadership and communication.
• Experience of performing business through English.
• Available for immediate start.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs, Zamel & Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects.