The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
To perform quality control for the new and rehabilitation of road and/or bridges, general site work, maintenance and protection of traffic, drainage, earthwork, paving, concrete work, reinforcement steel placement, utility relocation work, coordination and safety. Able to read contract documents and construction plans. Responsible for field construction efforts, construction sequencing, cost, scheduling and performance decisions. Assure that proper document control, quality assurance documentation and construction project records are kept. Assure quality and uniformity in the records of various contracts in the overall program.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following requirements:
• Minimum 5 years related experience, including construction bridge (rehabilitation & new) and roadway (earthwork, sub base, concrete and asphalt pavement, drainage, sewer, waterlines and mains, lighting, guiderail and striping for rehabilitation / new) inspection and maintenance and protection of traffic for day and nighttime operations is required
• NICET III Certification is required
• Valid Driver's license
• SAT Certification
• ACI Certification
• Traffic Control Coordinator Program (Rutgers)
• Some oversight of Inspection staff
• Strong PC Skills, familiar in the use of Expedition or similar software and Microsoft Office
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• NYCDDC Experience
• NYSDOT Experience
• NYCDOT Experience
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.