JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs 66,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international projects to help us continue this exciting growth. The Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking for
The role of Site Superintendent is a key role, being responsible for:
• Complete construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff
• Drive a construction & commissioning driven project strategy
• Perform duties described in site HSE plan
• Fully responsible for the HSE performance of the subcontractors he/she directs
• Ensure work execution in accordance with requirements of Construction contracts (incl. vendors)
• Review weekly project progress
• Report physical progress in accordance with the Construction execution plan
• Organize the work in accordance with the construction execution plan
Key requirements for a Site Superintendent on a project:
• Experience in managing multi-office projects
• Commitment and strong technical background
• Ability to meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards and identifying construction management system improvement
• Focused on maintaining safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• Excellent problem solving and team working skills including being able to rapidly engage with a team
Training & Experience
• Degree (Diploma) in Engineering (Civil/Structural, HVAC/Mechanical, Piping), with Master in Construction Management
• Coming from Engineering or Contracting area, preferably from Design or Engineering firms, acting as Construction Superintendent or Site Superintendent
• With 6-10 years of experience, the candidate has preferably spent the last 6 years in the role of Site Supervisor for construction of pharmaceutical facilities (secondary, API or R&D)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Projects and of the Microsoft Office program.
• Fluent German and English languages knowledge is a must. Knowledge of Italian and/or French language could be a plus
• Availability to work everywhere for pharmaceutical sites in Southern Europe
• High level of Safety Awareness
• Skills of good communicator, listener of commitment and of hard worker complete the profile
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN