JACOBS ENGINEERING INC. is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services. We are led by our simple yet essential core values; People are our Greatest Asset, We are Relationship-Based and Growth is an Imperative. Our Culture of Care along with our core values form a solid foundation upon which our business is built.
JACOBS currently employs more than 60,000 people in 250 offices across 30 countries. Our Mainland European Region has been a key contributor to Jacobs' strong performance providing services to primarily in-region clients in a variety of industries.
Over the past two years we have been working on further growing our business by supporting current clients in new regions and attracting new clients. This growth is adding larger, international projects to our portfolio.
We are at the point where we need talented people with proven experience on large, international projects to help us continue this exciting growth. The Jacobs office in Switzerland is currently looking for
QUANTITY SURVEY ENGINEER
The Quantity Surveying function provides clients with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery. Reporting to a Technical Director, the role will require the successful candidate to take a project leading QS role. The candidate should be client facing and demonstrate technical qualities for the role. The role will provide the opportunity to work within different project phases and will involve pre and post quantity surveying contract duties.
- Utilize Jacobs best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cash flow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts,
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Execute and/or supervises site quantity surveys in compliance with specific Jacobs procedures
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, Pre and post contract knowledge.
- Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Fluent German and English languages knowledge is a must. Knowledge of Italian and/or French language could be a plus
- Good general commercial awareness.
- Use of computerized measurement packages.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
PROJECT WORKING LOCATION: CANTON OF SOLOTHURN