Our Sustainable Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior EIA Consultant.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities . Responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the Environmental Assessment team to deliver a range of environmental projects.
- Writing and reviewing environmental deliverables to a very high standard.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you.
- Helping with preparation of contract documents, proposals and work specifications.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science (2 nd degree desirable).
- An excellent understanding of environmental impacts associated with industry.
- Experience of working on large scale development projects, i.e. wind farms, roads, grid connections
- Strong technical ability in EIA, technical review skills and ability to programme run and complete high quality and robust and Environmental Statements.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Strong team working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Chartered Environmentalist.
- Resource management experience
- Expert Witness/Public Inquiry experience.
- Flexibility to work out of other Jacobs offices in the UK and Ireland as required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.