The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager, this positon has Management level employees on the project as direct reports, including: Design Review, MEP, Structural, and Controls. The overview of the General Contractor is direct and requires a level of technical expertise related to the specific scope of the project. This positon is also client facing and would act as an onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Design, Schedule, Cost, Scope, Quality, and Safety.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external client networks
- Representing the Company in a positive manner at meetings, presentations and in public
- Participating in directing growth and strategic planning as part of the Company's management team
- Initiating, preparing and reviewing proposals and participating in interviews in response to RFPs and RFQs
- Developing and delivering presentations
- Identifying, implementing, complying with and maintaining applicable Company safety, environmental and quality standards, procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Formulating and conveying the Company's corporate vision to the project team
- Applying the Company's project controls standards and developing, maintaining and reporting an accurate project performance against agreed to baseline to ensure agreed to gross margin performance
- Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver assigned projects in accordance with Company standards and client expectations
- Collaborating with other lead professionals to ensure design and documentation are in accordance with company standards and client expectations
- Leading and coaching the project team members and thereby creating a positive team working environment
- Identifying and assessing risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies
- Managing assigned projects from concept to close out and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders to ensure full understanding and commitment to the agreed to deliverables
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline
- Ensuring the obligations of the agreement between Client and the Company are fulfilled
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients through superior service to ensure client satisfaction with respect to the expectations
- Developing and monitoring financial and project delivery schedules
- Work with internal and external engineering disciplines to allocate resources for project delivery
- Monitoring and managing change and seek appropriate mitigation strategies
- Monitoring and maintaining quality
- Initiating and implementing work process improvements
- Processing monthly invoicing and following up on delinquent payments
- Representing the Company as the primary contact for client interaction and serving as a "doer-seller"
- Serving as a primary contributor during client meetings and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an accredited University is required Registration as an Architect is required
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in building design programs is required
- A minimum of 5-10 years of management involving direct client contact and full responsibility for projects is required
- Must have good social, networking, organization, communication, people and presentation skills
- Proven leadership record in the industry
- Proven ability to stratagize and direct business growth and direction
- Forward thinking and ability to articulate clear vision and understanding of trends in the field of building design
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle and be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centered approach.
- Must have had experience of dealing with a wide range of both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a "can-do" attitude
- Be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools.
- Possess an analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
- Being versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organizations
- Master's Degree a plus
- NCARB certificate a plus
- Must possess proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of other drafting and presentation software preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred; EDAC certification a plus
- Must have a thorough knowledge of codes, guidelines and standards effecting building design and construction across multiple market sectors
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.