Jacobs Cyber Security Group is a cyber security engineering and analysis arm of Jacobs Engineering company. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator II supporting our Department of Justice Program.
A Software Engineer will:
- Use their Java development skills to support and enhance CKSHARE capabilities.
- Skill required for this position: Java (J2EE) developer, Spring, Java Server Faces, Seam, Nuxeo, Ansible Works, Open Service Gateway Initiative (OSGI), Maven, git, junit, Selenium Web Driver, REST (XML/JSON), Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence/etc.)
- 5 years of software development required.
- Candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or 5 years of full time Computer Science work that can be substituted for the BS degree.
- Candidates must have seven (5) years experience supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and system integration activities (with both new and legacy systems); five (5) years experience in applicable programming languages (see below).
- Candidates must have the ability to do scripting; working knowledge of Configuration Management tools and working knowledge of Web Services implementation.
Sitting at a desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. May require lifting and carrying supplies. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to obtain/maintain clearances as required for the position. Must be able to access customer work location. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance - dress is typically business casual, but is dependent on the client's standards.Essential Functions Physical Requirements:
- Sitting at a desk.
- May require lifting and carrying supplies.
- Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
Completion of required certifications within six (6) months of hire date
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required