Jacobs Technology's TEIMS Group is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense
(DOD) and other Government organizations.
We are looking for a Programmer Analyst to support the Patriot Excalibur (PEX) program at our facility in Valparaiso, FL.
Patriot Excalibur (PEX) is USAF software used to automate processes such as scheduling, training, and standardization/evaluation in squadron sized units. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean design, possess excellent UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into intuitive and functional user interfaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with a team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Develops software in a CMMI Maturity Level 3 environment using Scrum and Agile methodologies.
- Ensures all software meets the security and accreditation requirements for use on NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and JWICS and is compliant with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ensures PEX software is developed and tested in the Air Force Standard Desktop Configuration and Federal Desktop Configuration
- Develop internal testing plans to ensure traceability to functional requirements
- Provides a desktop client application that integrates MFC components with locally hosted xxxxxxx web pages
- Service Oriented application conforming to WS-*standards must support flexible deployment using a variety of protocols including TCP, Named Pipes, HTTP, and MSMQ
- Ensures source control, configuration management, continuous integration, requirements management and daily build processes are installed, configured, and utilized.
- Support Help Desk personnel with trouble calls and requests for user assistance from PEX users world- wide
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .Education and Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other related field preferred with three (3) years specific work experience.. Bachelors in a field other than specifically related may be permitted along with specific work experience. Four (4) years equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Masters in related field preferred with two (2) years specific work experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Physical Requirements:
- Must possess and apply expertise in all phases of software engineering assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience and capabilities using Scrum and Agile methods is a plus.
Experience with SQL Server, Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and AngularJS Framework is a plus.
Work is primarily sedentary. Some walking and standing may occur in the course of a normal workday in connection with travel to and from meetings and conferences. May carry light items, such as reports, data products, and notebooks.Work Environment:
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting). Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with others. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.Attendance:
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday (excluding Saturday & Sunday). Position may require occasional weekend or evening work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA and approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.Other Essential Functions:
- Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
Able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.