The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Commissioning Manager, this position performs as the on-site representative for Jacobs Commissioning Authority. Along with any supporting staff, the Commissioning Specialist will manage and direct all commissioning related activities to include testing (QA/QC, Functional Performance), training, equipment and systems start-up, resulting in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Lead and organize on site construction Contractors Commissioning Team
- Provide communications for on-site Contractor, A/E, and Owner
- Monitor construction schedule activities, provide on- site observations and related reports
- Attend meetings as required and document
- Assist Commissioning Authority with design review
- Witness contractor equipment on site start up activities and develop related reports
- Witness and document contractor QA/QC testing activities
- Review and verify pre-functional construction checklists and document related findings
- Review functional performance testing documents developed by the Commissioning Authority
- Witness functional performance testing for all commissioned systems and document/track issues
- Witness seasonal (deferred) testing and document
- Attend and participate in post construction (warranty phase) meeting
- Assist Commissioning Authority with development of systems manual and commissioning report
- Perform hands on functional performance testing when required and analyze systems performance using testing instrumentation
- 4-6 years related position experience is required
- Working knowledge of MEP and integrated control systems is required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and MS Project is required
- Travel is required
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Industry recognized Commissioning certification is preferred
- LEED Certification is preferred
- Multi- Disciplined is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.