Jacobs® is one of the world's largest & most diverse providers of technical, professional & construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. We help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health & Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, You'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Responsible for the quality of civil/ structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
- Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
- Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
- Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
- Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
- Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
Jacobs, Zamel & Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We have a large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman. Our regional workforce counts an excess of 2,500 resources.
- BS in Civil Engineering is required or any equivalent
- EIT is required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience on site, grading, paving, drainage projects is required
- Experience in utilizing AutoCAD is required
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects is required
- MS in an Engineering discipline is preferred
- PE registration is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred
- Experience with Microstation is preferred
- Local Talent - is a prerequisite