Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project. Position Summary
- Responsible for safe, technically accurate, and cost effective piping system designs and deliverables for refineries, chemical plants, petro-chemical plants, offshore installations, and oil and gas production facilities.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable specifications and standards, and completion of work within project budget and schedule. For larger projects, this is typically accomplished by a combination of supervising and directing a Piping Engineering Team, and directly performing tasks as required.
- These tasks include Piping Stress Analysis, support design, special support design, spring support design, and design of expansion joints.
- Must be able to lead and give direction to a team of engineers and designers to generate or work on piping discipline deliverables and drawings.
- Responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the piping team assigned to him.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the discipline's work performed under his direction and for the observance of project HSE requirements relevant to his team's work scope.
- Works with and coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent. Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation.
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to determine constraints in the location of new equipment in existing facilities or on brownfield sites that may influence the layout and the preliminary routing of piping and be able to recommend the most economical layout.
- Must be able to prepare piping and piping fittings' specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders' responses.
- Prepare piping erection construction scope of work, hydro test procedure and other necessary discipline reports.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in Oil/Gas preferably in Piping Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Local Talent - is a prerequisite