JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, flood risk management, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer experienced in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management and drainage schemes, based in our Leeds office.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
You will be working on projects for the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and some private sector clients. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out, reviewing and coordinating concept, outline and detailed design of flood risk management and drainage solutions
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Carrying out, reviewing and coordinating drainage strategies
- Technical and business case reporting
- Liaising with clients, architects and other design team members
- Project management and multi-disciplinary design coordination
- Mentoring and line management of junior team members
- Civil Engineering degree and Incorporated or Chartered status with the ICE or IStrucE
- High standard of written English and proven report writing ability
- Proven ability to ensure Safety in Design and Designers responsibilities under CDM are incorporated into every design
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management
- Experience in the design and appraisal of riverine structural and non-structural measures and/or experience in the design and appraisal of drainage systems including SuDs
- Experience in preparing business cases for flood risk management schemes
- Contract and specification preparation
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Proven ability to lead a team, liaising directly with clients, stakeholders and other design team members
- Management of programme and budget
- Construction related experience either as a site manager, supervisor or through visiting design office support role.
- Preparation of Project Appraisal Reports to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes
- Full driving license
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.