Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Leads the Engineering Team(s) on assigned project(s) ensuring that technical issues are resolved; that sufficient suitably qualified and experienced engineers are assigned to the project; that productivity is maintained to deliver the project to the as-sold man-hours and that engineering systems are deployed and used appropriately.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering large and/or multiple projects, on time, within budget and to agreed specifications and providing effective, skilled project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques
- Leads team in the development of master project plans to accomplish project commitments and timing
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Functions as a team lead for projects including acting as the liaison to internal departments as needed
- Manages large and often multiple projects and participates in corporate initiatives to assist in meeting the company's goals
- Ensures that project deliverables satisfy project requirements
- Assesses project requirements, while developing and recommending a sound approach or application to meet the needs of the project and client.
- Facilitates the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders, and conducts status review meetings among project team members and clients
- Manages and enhances project quality by providing ideas and suggestions to the team aimed at improving the effectiveness of their role, and of the project activities in general
- Determines, monitors and reviews costs, operational budgets, schedules and staffing requirements for project teams
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions
- Mentors and trains clients, vendors and team members in project management methods, procedures and activities
Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
- Bachelor in Engineering in Chemical, Process or Mechanical. master degree is preferable
- 20+ years of related experience
- Professional Registration (P.E.) or Registered Architect (RA) is required
- Strong working knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
Local Talent - is a prerequisite