Jacobs® is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services with over 70,000 resources in 250+ offices worldwide. Building strong long-term relationships is the key to our success as a company. To strengthen these lasting alliances, we partner with each client to better understand their objectives. This allows us to deliver superior quality on every project.
Position reports to the Instrumentation department head. Candidate will be responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialization.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible to prepare all instrumentation and F&G engineering deliverables such as design basis, specification, data sheets, instrument index, I/O schedule, logic diagram, cable / JB schedule, etc. Instrument Datasheets, Index and I/O list shall be prepared using SPI (INTOOLS) software.
- Responsible to carryout sizing calculations for control valves, safety valves and flow elements, accumulator sizing calculations, Instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically Safe circuit calculations
- Responsible to prepare Safety Requirement Specifications, SIL verification calculations, Fire Detection & Alarm System deliverables.
- Responsible to prepare Instrument/Control Systems deliverables such as Design Basis, Specifications for various telecommunication systems and system block diagrams, datasheets, etc.
- Co-ordinate with other disciplines and review other discipline deliverables.
- Develop control system and telecommunication systems architecture
- Provide inputs and review detailed drawings such as SP3D model, location plans, cable routing layout, instrument/device installation, process / pneumatic hook-up, interconnection diagram, loop diagram, segment diagrams, wiring diagram, etc. prepared by instrument designers.
- Supervise and guide instrument engineers and designers in preparing project deliverables, maintain change request, carryout man-hour estimation and recruitment personnel if required.
- Carryout site survey as required.
- Attend meetings with client / vendor and clarify their queries as applicable.
- Reviewing various Instruments / Control system vendors offer, prepare technical clarification and prepare Technical Bid Evaluation report.
- Review and provide comments on various instruments / control system / mechanical package vendor deliverables.
Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800 resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources
- B.Sc. in Electrical /Instrumentation Engineering
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in the design of oil and gas project
- Should have hands on experience in basic and detailed design engineering of field Instrumentation and control systems for onshore / offshore O&G and petrochemical field within clearly-defined scope and standards.
- Experience in the design of Process Automation Systems with Foundation Fieldbus (FF) Instrumentation is a must.
- Experience in the design of Safety Instrumented Systems, Fire & Gas systems, SIL verification calculations is a must. Familiarity with HAZOP, SIL Selection and F&G mapping Studies is a must.
- Experience in the design of control systems network configuration such as Fibre optic network cabling
- Should have hands on experience in INTOOLS (SPI) software.
- Should be well conversant with International codes & standards such as ISA, NEC, NFPA, BS, API, IEC, etc.
- Good reporting skills is a must. Should have experience in Man-hour estimation for projects, Change request management and recruitment of personnel.
- Experience in major projects of Middle-east national oil companies
- Local Talent - is a prerequisite