The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs, in Orange, CA is seeking (2) Project Engineers - Rail to perform as an advisor and consultant for a technical speciality, or program function related to rail design tasks.
In this role, the Project Engineer - Rail will assist the team by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments; subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Project Engineer - Rail will design various bridge types, as well as miscellaneous transportation structures, and develop related plans and specifications, all under the supervision of a Senior Engineer.
- Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.
- Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Provides project cost estimating.
- Attends design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- At least 4 years of previous professional engineering design experience on transportation, rail is required
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate is required, PE preferred
- At least 4 years of previous professional experience with engineering design software (AutoCAD and/or Microstation) is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.