The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs, in Orange, CA is seeking a Construction Project Manager - Rail to oversee, manage and coordinate construction activities of major capital projects.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team.
- Support the project oversight team, provide engineering review and evaluation of technical issues that arise on a daily basis.
- Provide brief review of related design, construction and quality management questions, e.g. RFIs, DCNs, and NCRs issued by the PPP DBOM project team.
- When review uncovers non-compliances, questionable documentation, inappropriate judgment or incomplete documentation, assist with and provide more detailed review of the related documentation to assess compliance of contractor's process. Become involved in raising awareness and resolving issues uncovered by the oversight team.
- Provide and chair weekly forum for internal quality focus group that allows oversight field team members to bring up and discuss project quality management issues and concerns. Primary focus of group is to collectively offer, develop and implement strategies to improve the overall quality management of the project.
- Attend and participate in biweekly internal Owner project Construction status meetings.
- Attend and participate monthly internal Owner project Design status meetings.
- Attend weekly and provide senior review and support to Owner's oversight team at the contractor's weekly Quality Task Force meeting.
- Help evaluate the contractor's effectiveness in quality management, periodically attend and participate in various contractor quality management meetings, including Readiness Review, Initial Inspections, Completion Inspections, Punchlist Inspections, etc.
- Perform as lead engineer providing engineering judgment and discernment for daily design and construction issues. As needed, manage involvement from other design and construction oversight staff to assist in reviewing and resolving structural engineering issues that arise.
- Be available and perform as technical adviser to office and field staff to assist in answering technical design and construction questions and assist in developing strategies to resolve field related construction issues.
- Use understanding and knowledge of the Design-Build processes, the Project's Concession Agreement and other contract documents to offer discussion points and arguments that defend Owner's best interest.
- Be the trusted adviser to Owner and the contractor, while being prepared to champion, advocate, support and fight for the level of quality contracted and paid for by the Owner. Ask lots of probing questions of the Contractor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred
- At least 5 years of previous construction management experience on highway and/or bridge is required
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.