Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and over 63,000 employees across the globe we're continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways Agency, National Contractors and Local Authorities and our plans to add to this portfolio continues at pace. So would you like to be a member of our developing team in Leeds?
We have an opportunity for a Commercial Manager with wide ranging project experience within our Infrastructure Centre of Excellence based in Leeds. The role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs in the UK and Ireland.
The role will be to provide Commercial Management advice and support services to a portfolio of Major Highways projects and Key frameworks for the Jacobs Infrastructure Highways Business Unit across the UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate must have experience of Highways Infrastructure be technically competent in all aspects of Quantity Surveying and have held a Commercial Management role within the Civil Engineering Sector.
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management or similar
- MRICS, MCInstCES status or equivalent
- Experience of working on Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects
- Good working knowledge and understanding of main forms of contract, sub-contracts and procurement options.
- Proven ability to successfully implement Commercial Management functions, processes and procedures
- Capability to Commercially manage a portfolio of major projects or frameworks
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Knowledge and implementation of Risk management processes
- Familiarity with the Highways Agency Project Control Framework Process
- Experience of Employee Management
- Experience of bidding processes and good presentation skills
- PRINCE2 Accreditation
- Reporting to the Highways Commercial Discipline lead
- Managing small teams delivering Commercial Management services on a variety of projects.
- Responsible for the Commercial Management of a portfolio of projects
- Overseeing Commercial Management input to the administration of Construction Contract
- Supporting the Highways Commercial Discipline lead in the development and growth of the unit.