Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 80,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Recent projects won include being part of Highways England £1.5 billion Smart Motorways programme that will deliver major improvements in technology, traffic lane and signaling with10 new Smart Motorways being designed and built across the UK.
We are seeking an Operations Director to support our delivery model with the role reporting to the Highways Senior Management team and to be a key member of a large and expanding market. The role would be instrumental in both supporting major national infrastructure projects and leading the growth of business in the West Yorkshire region
Key Essential Criteria
- A degree in Civil Engineering;
- CEng MICE
- Several years of experience in the highways sector including new build and improvement ideally with experience of delivery within the Strategic Road Network and Local Authority works programmes.
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
- Experience of working with Client organisations to help them realise development ambitions including developing delivery strategies and identifying funding streams
- Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB majoring on multi-disciplinary coordination
- Workload and resource management skills;
- Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
- Relevant Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3;
- Good working experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
- Experience of construction techniques and supervision as NEC PM and or Supervisor;
- PRINCE2 Accreditation.
- Post Graduate Management Qualification
- Track record of innovative delivery and thought leadership
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all