Jacobs Information Solutions Group provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
This is a NDTI position supporting the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) contract with Jacobs ISG.
The Systems Administrator supports the Joint Strike Fighter program located in Crystal City, VA. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Configure system CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators to provide overall operations and maintenance for the JSF production environment
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Integration groups in the install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirement
- Serve as primary escalation point for incident tickets from Level 1 Service Desk
- Action and resolve escalated tickets in accordance to Service Level Agreements
- Use Remedy Action Request System to log, track and manage incident and request queue
- Apply systems and security patches to all workstations and servers in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Use remote desktop tools to troubleshoot escalated incidents and to deploy and remove local applications
- Deploy, maintain, and operate a data backup and recovery solution that supports F-35 encryption requirements
- Provide on-site system administration for COTS applications
- Facilitate and support the development and of desktop images Perform system administration functions on all F-35 Program servers, applications, and systems
- Manage updates to hardware and software to maintain currency as well as the overall data center administration requirements
- Review audit, security, application, system, web/application/database, and directory service logs
- Monitor system capacity - storage, memory, and CPU. Test, install, and report status of patches and hot fixes
- Identify, correct, record, and properly identify anomalies
- Provide IT System Administration services for various customers across the JSF PO
The selected candidate must have:
• Demonstrated proficiency using patch management systems, preferably Shavlik and WSUS
• Experience planning and implementing enterprise systems backups
• Proficiency in Remedy support
• Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience maintaining a network/operational environment
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience with Microsoft operating systems
• Experience supporting content management solutions (MS SharePoint, Open Text Content Management Server)
• Demonstrated experience migrating systems to new approved versions Experience creating and managing Group Policy Objects
• Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms
• Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQL/Oracle) backups and restores
• Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory infrastructure, design and interface capabilities with other MS products
• Demonstrated understanding of name resolution (DNS, WINS)
The following skills/experience are desired:
Certification in any of the following: MCP, ITIL Foundation v3, CompTIA Security +, CompTIA A+, MCP- xxxxxxxManaging and Maintaining Windows 2003 Servers, MCDST, MCSA (2000, 2003), MCSE (2003, 2007)
This position requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 8 or more years of progressive related experience OR 12 years of related experience. An IAT Level III certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level II certification. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
Jacobs ISG is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.