Jacobs Technology is a large business specializing in providing engineering and technical services to Government customers. Jacobs Technology Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jacobs Engineering Inc. (NYSE: JEG) - one of the nation's largest engineering, architecture, technology, and construction firms - with annual revenues exceeding $12B and more than 70,000 personnel worldwide. We have been an integral partner of the Government in supporting the development of virtually every aerospace and defense program over the past 60 years. Sustained superior performance in each of these operations while maintaining a world-renowned commitment to safety and quality is a hallmark of Jacobs.
** We are offering a 25K sign on bonus for this position! **
Jacobs Technology is seeking a Senior Software Developer with TS/SCI w/ Poly for the Reston, VA office.
Provides Software Engineering Support to the Customer.
- Software architecture, design, coding, integration, testing, and deployment of a Web application hosted on a Linux system.
- Constantly seek ways to improve the deployed product and streamline the user experience to bring speed to the application as performance and ease of use to find information are the application's main selling point.
- In responding to work orders, be able anticipate integration efforts and critical paths in the development time line.
- Manage and execute the development, integration and testing on time.
- Mentor junior team members and provide architectural and design guidance contributions to the team.
- Function as system administrator and set up and use client, server, and database environments in concert with operating user permissions and grant rights for running environments.
- Understand requirements analysis and software development time estimation in an agile development environment via Sprints.
- Familiar with code refactoring, object oriented programming, database queries via SQL and optimization, Ajax and web services, browser certificates for user identification and authentication, user roles and permissions, and RESTful state web query design and implementation.
- Knowledge of web application client side and server side development and how they work together is a must.
Active TS/SCI w/ Poly Required
- Ruby on Rails
- MySQL or equivalent
- Subversion or equivalent
- JQuery UI
- Yahoo YUI
- System Administration
- Operating System Scripting in Linux and Windows
BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and eight (8) to fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience. Similar working level obtained through relevant job experience may be accepted in lieu of degree level education.