Jacobs Technology, Inc.'s TEIMS Group is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services. We focus on innovative solutions for our customers at the Department of Defense (DoD) and other Government organizations.
Jacobs/TEIMS is seeking a Communication Administrator who is responsible for the administration and support of the ANG GeoIntegration Office (GIO) and its comprehensive training program, user groups, and requirements gathering, as they are relate to the implementation of geospatial technology within the Air National Guard. This includes support for personnel that deliver classroom instruction, hands-on learning opportunities, stake-holder user demonstrations, meetings, while also providing support for enterprise communication of program with newsletters, websites and briefings.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide administration support to the ANG GIO for the training program to include introduction of existing and new courses, materials, and delivery methods.
• Administration of course tracking, scheduling, registration of students, and compiling course surveys and pre/post quizzes.
• Support and administration for inventory tracking of ANG GIO issued equipment.
• Coordinate and schedule GeoBase training events, including logistics such as shipping needed materials, ordering training materials, and determining training locations.
• Track and report current unit training status and training conclusions/recommendations. Provide After Action Reports to GIO staff.
• Provide continuous support to ANG Regional Administrators regarding training and equipment issues.
• Support the administration of the A7 User Group meetings.
• Serve as editor of newsletter and work with all staff for the production and editing of articles.
• Support with the outreach and awareness of the GeoBase Program and GIS Technologies and capabilities.
• Assist, support, and administration of the GeoBase program customer support email account(s).
• Assist, support, and delivery of presentations and/or demonstrations of capabilities to ANG client as needed.
• Administer student registration and attendance for courses.
* This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, industrial management, or appropriate discipline, and six (6) years progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong social intelligence and communication skills require
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are imperative to manage all ongoing and upcoming trainings.
- The ability to build relationships in a professional environment
- Efficient time management skills required
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Willingness to learn GIS concepts and technologies, if not already known.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Access, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Previous experience with US Military, DoD, or US Air Force helpful
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Sedentary - involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Exerts up 10 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting) Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Equipment and Machines:
Personal computer (75%), scanner (5%), copy machine (5%), telephone (5%), laser printer (5%), fax machine (2%), and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday (must be able to work within the shift hours of 8am and 5pm, excluding Saturday & Sunday). Position may require occasional weekend work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance.
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Travel requirements - Minimal travel required.