Jacobs (Aerospace and Technology line of business) provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs. Responsibilities:
BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school plus three (3) to five (5) years of progressive and relevant experience or BS degree in Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited school plus seven (7) to nine (9) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- Provide practical application of engineering skills to perform flight and ground system electrical engineering projects that that meet stakeholder expectations, system functional requirements and NASA program requirements.
- System Operation &Maintenance (O&M) responsibilities including preventative/corrective maintenance and integrated test procedures.
- The successful candidate will support senior staff with electrical low voltage AC power distribution systems, emergency power systems, motor control, lighting, lightning protection, grounding, security systems, and communications systems, as well as instrumentation and control (I&C) systems.
- Will also assist with preparation of conceptual design packages, construction document packages, and assist with testing, inspection, and startup of electrical and I&C equipment.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems.
- Previous Flight Hardware Sub-system engineering experience desired.
- Experience with complex, high-speed data acquisition applications is desired.
- Experience with transducer installation design and implementation is desired.
- Experience with DeweSoft application software and DeweNet software is desired.
- Experience with Dewetron Data Acquisition hardware and general test equipment is highly desirable.
- Experience with Test Management duties such as work integration between groups, scheduling support and test execution leadership is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with Mass Spectrometers, and Leak Detection Systems is highly desirable.
- Ability to read Engineering schematics, drawings, and specification charts is a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working as a member of a formal team and able to function as such immediately.
- Must be able to present information to upper management and customers.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and only general guidance.
- In-depth computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
Physical Requirements: - Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
Work Environment: - Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site to include office, test labs, Mobile Launcher and Launch Pad.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders, working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines: - Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
Attendance: - Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.