This is a NASA Test, Evaluation and Support contract position; it may be assigned to Jacobs Technology Inc. or a teammate company.
1. Must be able to apply working technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks working on electronic equipment and follow detailed procedures and instructions in the performance of these duties.
2. Must be able to develop, fabricate, install, checkout, maintain, adjust, operate, troubleshoot and modify electronic control, instrumentation, data acquisition, video monitoring/recording, electro-mechanical and electro-pneumatic systems.
3. Must be proficient with the use of electronic test equipment necessary to perform these duties.
4. Must be able to fabricate and test various types of cables including coaxial, multi-conductor shielded and un-shielded, to include crimping or soldering of pins to individual conductors and using insertion/extraction tools to pin/unpin connectors.
5. Must be able to perform circuit board level soldering.
6. Must read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, manufacturer's manuals, electronic schematic diagrams, and other similar documents.
7. Performs work and maintains work area in a neat, orderly, and safe manner.
8. Perform additional related duties as required.
1. Personnel must have two (2) years of applicable experience or related civilian or military trade school training.
2. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
3. Must pass a physical examination as determined by the WSTF physical examinations requirements for the job classification.
4. Be able to meet the requirements for certification, if applicable, as specified in the White Sands Training Database (WSTD).
UNUSUAL OR SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting. May be required to wear breathing protection (respirator), hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment. Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing. Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures. Typically required to lift and hold up to 30 pounds. Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT
Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex. Position requires individual to travel to different areas on site. Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility. All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASKS
Computer work required. Knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary. Use of calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone, filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required. Operation of a government motor vehicle may be required.
CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
Regular attendance and punctuality is required. Occasional overtime may be required in support of test project schedules or other priority assignments as determined by management or customer needs. Normal working hours are nine (9) hour per day with some flexibility based on pre-approval. A condensed work schedule, allowing alternate Fridays off, is typically in use for each two week pay cycle (9-80 schedule).
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Dress must be appropriate for the position and not pose a safety risk or hazard to the employee or others in accordance with NASA and Company policies. Must be a U.S Citizen. Must possess a valid state driver's license. Must pass a Federal background investigation. Must be able to pass a physical examination as determined by the NASA White Sands Test Facility and the Company for the job classification. Must submit to pre-employment drug testing. Must maintain site access to NASA facilities and computer systems.