JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise in excess of 600 staff across the UK and Ireland, providing services over the spectrum of environmental specialisms.
We offer our staff opportunities to work on exciting projects across all the market sectors which JACOBS faces world-wide. Over 90% of our work is repeat business, which we achieve by ensuring that we provide a market-leading service to our clients.
To meet our growing business needs and future development aspirations, Jacobs has a vacancy for a Principal Marine Benthic Ecologist within our Aquatics group based in Southampton.
As a Principal Marine Benthic Ecologist you will be working on a range of projects, including a number of high profile national infrastructure developments. You will work as part of a team, helping to plan and deliver marine workloads.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading and delivering the marine benthic aspects on a range of projects and will be well versed with planning, coordinating and delivering marine benthic monitoring programmes and technical reporting.
The candidate should be capable of handling and analysing large marine benthic biological datasets using statistical packages such PRIMER. The candidate will have a working knowledge of the relevant UK legislation and have a proven record in liaising with regulators around results and survey design.
The successful candidate will all so be expected to contribute to the delivery of other workloads out with their specialism, and to contribute to business development and staff training.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and managing all project related marine benthic work
- Developing and authoring marine benthic technical reports
- Liaising with the client and regulators
- Leading and supporting business development initiatives
- A degree as a minimum
- Experience as a Marine benthic specialist.
- A proven track record of authoring technical reports for major projects.
- Detailed understanding of relevant UK legislation and of the EIA/DCO process.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical/consultancy reports.
- Experience of liaising with regulators.
- Client focus.
- A flexible approach to working is a must, as there will be a requirement for you to travel within the UK.
- Post graduate qualification
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.