Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding to customer requests and questions regarding services, products and account information in an educational environment. Interact with customers via telephone, email or in person in a professional and positive manner.
The selected candidate will:
- Respond to customer questions and process student requests with courteous, knowledgeable service per established project policies and procedures
- Maintain customer records by updating account information in accordance with established policies
- Help customers locate information on the web; consisting of general information questions, policies, programs, course materials and student records
- Educate customers on how various online course systems work and processes to obtain various types of credit
- Provide both superior customer service and excellent technical support to a wide range of customers, from absolute computer beginners to professional users
- Ability to conduct research into student issues and online course questions to gather needed information to resolve an issue and/or assess the validity of a customer complaint
- Report customer suggestions and feedback
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Review open and on-hold transactions on a daily basis
- Perform quality audits as requested
- Inform Management Team of any potential trends or areas of concern
- Train a designated backup person to perform these duties in case of planned or unplanned absence
- Maintain the capability to perform designated backup duties without notice
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Customer Service Representative must:
- Demonstrate a patient, courteous and professional demeanor and maintain a positive and helpful attitude when assisting even the most difficult customers
- Have excellent communication skills, listening as well as verbal and written communication
- Be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Have a good command of general computer applications and services
- Be able to plan, organize, analyze and problem solve
- Be able to assist customers possessing greatly varied levels of Windows/computing knowledge
- Be organized and detail-oriented
- Exhibit the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Be able to work full time (40 hours) - day shift
- Be flexible to work other shifts if necessary
- Be comfortable working in busy and noisy environments
- Be able to sit at a desk and use a phone/computer for extended periods
This position requires 2 years of relevant experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain favorable background investigation (NAC) check - Public Trust clearance. An active Secret Clearance or FEMA Clearance is highly desired.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. This position requires 2 years of relevant experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain favorable background investigation (NAC) check - Public Trust clearance. An active Secret Clearance or FEMA Clearance is highly desired.