The PC Repair Lab (PCRL) technician is responsible for repairing, testing and deploying a wide variety of Servers and workstations in support of a global telecommunications network. The PCRL Technician is required to make lowest repairable unit (LRU) repairs for Server, Workstations and associated peripheral devices such as keyboards and mice. The PCRL technician is also responsible for documenting their actions in a Database Management System which also serves as knowledge base used as a reference for researching issues. The PCRL Technician is also monitoring and maintaining existing stock quantities ensuring they are above the minimum level needed to support the mission.
• Computer Hardware: Dell, HP and Hetra Servers and Workstations
• Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server, Linux/Unix, Sun Solaris
• Other: SCSI Controllers, Client/Server Diagnostic Tools, Basic TCP/IP
Experience Level requirements:
- A PC Repair technician should have mastered the requirements for entry and mid-level PC Repair technicians plus have a deeper understanding of all specific types of Servers/Workstations supported by the PC Repair Lab as well as their associated configurations.
- The PC technician should also have a sound understanding of LAN Networking, including protocols such as TCP/IP and Serial communications and also be able to easily assess if a reported problem's source is derived from the server/workstation or its associated network.
- The technician should be able to isolate down to the component level and at times be able to make a component level replacement.
- The technician should also be able to easily explain complex technical issues in simple layman's terms which is required when attending meetings with our immediate and external customers and vendors.
Two (2) years of college in a computer field and four (4) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education or experience for a total of six (6) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of education or experience requirements.