Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of the Jacobs Engineering Group, one of the largest engineering and technical services-only companies in the United States. We provide a wide range of advanced technology services to government and industry in four market areas:
- Technical and Evaluation Engineering, Operations and Maintenance
- Scientific Engineering, and Technical Services
- Design/Build and Operate Test Facilities
- Enterprise Information Services
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
This is a Union position: Responsibilities and duties will include: 1. Installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical and control system including both facility and test related systems consisting of power and electrical distribution components both low and high voltage. 2. Lays out and constructs raceway systems from distribution panels to test rigs and control rooms. 3. Fabricates brackets, boxes, hangers, cabinets, etc. 4. Installs weatherproof, waterproof, explosion proof, and other hazardous location equipment, wiring, and devices. 5. Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs DC power supplies, switchgear, transformers, cranes, motors, generators, and all related wiring, switches, relays, starters, and devices. 6. Works with specialized devices such as valve limit switches, proximity detectors, flame and combustible gas detectors, photocells, thermocouples, transducers, etc. 7. Utilizes special pulling eyes, rollers, block and tackle, winches, crimping tools, resistance solder, and heat stripping equipment. 8. Builds electrical systems for experimental rigs where only basic circuits are available. There are specific minimum physical, work environment, and equipment requirements for this position also.
A. Journeyman Level with related education or work experience (typically 8 or more years) in medium voltage electrical systems. Possess a thorough practical knowledge of electrical and/or control systems.
B. Familiarity with basic electrical codes and knowledge of proper use of the NEC handbook.
C. Ability to read and properly interpret electrical blueprints, sketches, procedures, and equipment reference charts.
D. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from engineers and supervisor.
E. Ability to troubleshoot circuitry utilizing knowledge and experience to provide maximum efficiency.
F. Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of workflow.
G. Must be self-motivated and a Team Player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
H. Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
G. ITE/ABB Medium Voltage Power Circuit Breaker Racking Certification is desired.
1. Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
2. Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty, and greasy environment.
3. Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat, and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
4. Work with other personnel in a group that is Team Oriented.
5. Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
6. Work on and around high voltage equipment and systems.
1. Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
2. Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling, or in a prone position for extended time periods.
3. Works in closely confined spaces.
4. Lifts and carries items up to 50 pounds, sometimes up and down stairways, where lifting devices and hoists are not available.
5. Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
6. Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
Equipment and Machines
1. Fork lifts
2. Manlifts such as JLG, Bucket truck, etc.
4. Mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic hand tools
Work assignments are usually during normal facility working hours (6:30 AM to 3:00 PM), but overtime is frequently necessary to support meetings, test schedules, maintenance activities, and test operations. Testing may occur any day or time of day, depending on schedule and test requirements. Regular daily attendance required maintaining team effectiveness.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to obtain a NASA badge and maintain access to workplace facility.