Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of the Jacobs Engineering Group, one of the largest engineering and technical services-only companies in the United States. We provide a wide range of advanced technology services to government and industry in four market areas:
- Technical and Evaluation Engineering, Operations and Maintenance
- Scientific Engineering, and Technical Services
- Design/Build and Operate Test Facilities
- Enterprise Information Services
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Provide technical and administrative supervisory direction to support the maintenance and operation of a NASA Test Facility. This is a high energy facility providing an environment for testing thermal protection materials used for spacecraft heat shields returning through a planetary atmosphere. Technical areas of supervision include assembly, testing, and operation of Arc-Jet facilities and includes high power electrical substations and systems, high pressure air and water system, and vacuum test boxes. Personnel supervised include engineering technicians/operators and electricians/operators. May perform other complex work assignments, but these are secondary to the supervisory responsibilities. Safety of personnel and facilities is paramount.
Must have a minimum of 15 years direct hands-on supervisory experience in a high energy technical position managing highly skilled technical or craft crews. Prior experience in positions having an emphasis on operational performance is a must. College or vocational training is desirable. Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance in hazardous aerospace research test facilities. Proficient in basic computer skills and in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to provide both verbal and written instructions to the group. Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work-flow. Must be self-motivated and a Team Player with good interpersonal and communication skills in a highly integrated Customer / Contractor work environment. Must be able to organize time and assignments to properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness. Must be able to follow through on verbal and written commitments to customers and management.
- Work is accomplished in an office, control room, around and in test facility buildings.
- Transportation is required between these work areas as well as trips to the client or users facility.
- The use of respiratory protection in confined spaces may be required for this position.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty, and greasy environment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is Team Oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat, and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Visual and physical (hands on) contact of test systems hardware and installed test articles.
- Multiple workstation assignments (office, test facility, control room, laboratory, shops, etc.).
- Transportation of notebooks, drawings, forms, etc. required.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
Equipment and Machines
Office and control room equipment includes computers, calculators, electronic instruments, mechanical instruments, and miscellaneous precision measuring devices.
Work assignments are usually during normal work hours, but overtime is frequently necessary to support meetings, test schedules, and test operations. Testing may occur any day or time of day, depending on schedule and test requirements. Regular daily attendance is required for maintaining team effectiveness.
Other Essential Functions
Provide technical and administrative supervisory direction to support the maintenance and operation of a NASA Test Facility. Must be able to obtain a NASA badge and maintain access to workplace facility.