Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
Provide support to environmental investigation and remediation projects, including all phases of planning, water and soil sampling, monitoring well installation, data analysis, reporting, and subcontractor oversight and management. Provide groundwater modeling support including fate and transport modeling, plume shell development, well field design and particle track development. The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in both the office and field. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized and able to work effectively in both a team environment and also with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will possess an excellent attitude and high aptitude. Team work and the ability to interact successfully with co-workers, clients and regulatory agencies is a must. The ability to work on military installations is required. Travel will likely be required up to 50 percent of the time, and often to remote locations.
- 5 - 10 years of related professional experience with a BS or MS in geology, geophysics, geography, soil science or other related field of study is required
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Computer literacy in the basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc) is required, as is familiarity with various groundwater modeling software, such as MODFLOW, SURFER, Groundwater Vistas, GMA, AQTESOLV, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, SDWA and various DoD branch (i.e. USACE, Navy, US Air Force) regulations and reporting requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCAD and related GIS programs a plus.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and subsequent 8-hour refresher certificate(s) desirable but not required.
- A PG is also desirable, but not required.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.