Jacobs Information Solutions Group (ISG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
This is an ADI position supporting the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) contract with Jacobs ISG.
This position supports the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program based in Crystal City, VA. The Network Engineer will:
- Maintain a test and integration laboratory and NOC
- Manage JVE and other F-35 Program networks
- Support special projects such as migration of applications to/from a cloud-based architecture and the use of enterprise systems provided through NMCI
- Support the COOP plan development with network expertise and documentation
- Employ configuration management into each Network modification activity
- Configuration of assorted network infrastructure, including routers, switches, VLANs, routing protocols, network encryption technology, Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) architectures, etc
The selected candidate should have:
- Experience installing related equipment
- Experience designing, preparing and modifying engineering documents and drawings
- Experience in "Specific Projects" discipline, of which 2 must have been performed within the last 3 years (experience may be concurrent)
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching network infrastructure, Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and associated infrastructure a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to listen, understand and translate client requirements
- Ability to effectively manage conflict, and affect adequate solutions
- Strategic planning skills, organizational skills, operating skills, and strong leadership
- Familiarity with network operations concepts and methodologies
- Must be knowledgeable in best practices and the use of project management and IT methodologies
- Must be able to lead projects on varying scales, and work with technical teams on all levels and disciplines
- Must understand business processes and have the ability to thoroughly understand the technology to address client's requirements
This position requires a BS/BA Computer Science or related IT discipline with ten years of practical experience. An IAT Level III certification is required. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level II certification. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
The following certifications are desired: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator, Windows 2007 + , Exchange 2007+, Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification, MCITP or MCTS
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country. Please note: relinquishing citizenship does not guarantee the approval of security clearance. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
An IAT Level III certification is also required.