As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, Assisting the PM with Design and Procurement, General Contractor issues, and project construction, as well as Controls.
• Assist PM on overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts)
• Assist with project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
• Assist PM with Managing budget, schedule, scope, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects.
• Assist the PM with the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders
• Attend project meetings to cover weekly job progress.
• Assist PM to resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment.
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
2-4 years of experience as Assistant Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization required
4-6 years of experience in a project related technical field required
Knowledge of pre-design and pre-construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.