JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (more than 90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs is creating an enviable reputation in the UK highways consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with the Highways Agency, Contractors and Local Authorities. Our current portfolio of projects includes the M1 Junction 19 Improvement, A160/A180 Improvement at Immingham, M6 J16-19 Smart Motorway, M6 to Heysham Link and several major schemes for Cheshire East Council. And our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace, particularly with the recent award of Highways Agencys Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) contract. So would you like to be a member of our exciting team?
We currently have an opportunity within our Highways Centre of Excellence team in Leeds for you to make your mark and influence the continuing growth of Jacobs.
As a Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of bridge and bridge related structural scheme designs at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages
- Undertaking design or assessment calculations
- Supervising the production of design drawings or other project related design deliverables
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility
- Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Bridge Inspections
- Able to produce documentation relating to bridge projects, e.g. AIP and specifications.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Relevant experience in the UK bridges/highway sector is required.
- Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and considerable knowledge of current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW, and Network Rail standards
- Considerable experience of design analysis and assessment of structures using Structural analysis software such Midas or LUSAS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to produce well-presented and accurate drawings and reports
- Committed to work and capable of managing own tasks and meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Proficient with use of AutoCAD
- Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 29 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all