Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
The Structural Drafting Intern performs routine aspects of drafting and modeling requiring knowledge and application of basic structural principles under close supervision. Individual executes CAD drafting and modeling skills using Revit and AutoCAD software to perform these tasks. Intern will assist in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan and detailing preparations and provides support to Lead Designer and staff members as needed.
- This is a part time position. Candidate must have a general understanding of how to read drawings. Individual will perform routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Tasks require gaining moderate understanding of general job aspects and detailed understanding of some specific job aspects.
- Primary tasks include CAD drafting using Revit and AutoCAD software.
- Work is focused around the design of new structures and retrofit of existing structures for manufacturing facilities. Proficiency utilizing other standard computer applications a plus.
- Coordination with other disciplines may also be required which includes gathering information in person or from drawings.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an Architectural or Structural Technology program
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCad is required and Microstation a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision required
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications is required
- Positive and committed attitude is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.