JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
The Quantity Surveying function within the Programme Management Construction Management division of Jacobs UK provides clients with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services. We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Leeds.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a high aptitude in service delivery. Reporting to a Technical Director, the role will require the successful candidate to take a project leading Senior QS role. The candidate should be client facing and demonstrate technical qualities for the role. The role will provide the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and will involve pre and post Quantity Surveying contract duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilise Jacobs best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cashflow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Provide assistance to other disciplines within the company as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Training and Experience:
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: RICS Qualified MRICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Pre and post contract knowledge.
- Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, advising on procurement options, procurement documentation preparation, contract documentation preparation, contract administration and contract documentation.
- Good general commercial awareness.
- Use of computerised measurement packages.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel
- Full clean UK driving licence.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.