JACOBS is one of the worlds largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Our Sustainable Solutions Business Unit provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management.
Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 600 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal Aquatic Consultant, Marine EIA within our Aquatic group.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Principal Aquatic Consultant you will be working on a high profile national infrastructure project. You will work closely with our aquatics team, other technical disciplines within Jacobs and the client to coordinate and deliver all aquatic related Environmental Impact Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment aspects of project.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of EIA technical direction and delivery , and experience of working on infrastructure projects with significant marine, coastal and/or freshwater issues. A detailed understanding of relevant legislation and a track record of related consultation work is essential.
You will also contribute to the delivery of other aquatic projects and the development of the team.
The preferred work base is in our Southampton Office, but other locations may be considered. You will need a flexible approach to working, as there will be a requirement for you to travel within the UK for meetings.
- Coordinating and managing all project related EIA work
- Developing associated technical reports
- Liaising with the client and regulators
- Supporting other projects as required
- Leading business development initiatives
- Undergraduate qualification in a related discipline.
- Marine/coastal specialism.
- A proven track record of authoring EIA technical reports for major infrastructure projects.
- Detailed understanding of relevant legislation.
- Proven track record of consultation with regulators and scientific community.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Client focus.
- Post graduate qualification in a related discipline
- Experience in the nuclear/ power sector
- DCO experience
- Expert witness experience
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.