Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients.
Jacobs is heavily involved in helping to transform the world's transport system to deliver a less congested, high quality and reliable service for travellers and businesses. During the past 20 years the companys transport planning team has developed an impressive array of skills and a considerable track record of achievement. Our extensive portfolio of projects involves working with various major clients in the transport industry, including local authorities, private sector and government.
We currently have an opportunity within our Transportation business at our Shrewsbury office for you to work with a team of transport planners and modellers on a variety of highways, public transport and pedestrian planning projects.
You would be responsible for the preparation, development and analysis of transport assessments, transport models and the production of appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects.
Candidates should be highly numerate, and able t o innovate and problem-solve. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
The role is to be based in the UK at our Shrewsbury office. Occasional travel within the UK and/or overseas may be required. Essential
- Extensive experience in Transport Modelling
- Experience in working with Transport Modelling software packages, in particular Junctions 8, SATURN, VISSIM and VISUM, QUADRO
- Degree in Transport Planning or a numerate subject e.g. Maths / Engineering / Economics / Geography /Physics and/or other relevant degrees
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills. Competency in data analysis packages, such as Excel/Access
- Good technical report writing skills
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Knowledge of other modelling software packages, e.g. LinSig3, Paramics, Cube
- Wider experience of transport planning, economics and development control
- Project management experience
- Use of GIS software
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of computer programming (e.g. VBA, SQL)