The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Water Group in Morristown NJ is seeking an experienced part-time inspector for inspection of water main installation work in northern New Jersey. The person will also serve as the water utility's spokesperson in the field and, therefore, should have excellent communication and customer relations skills.
- Inspector will be responsible for daily reports, photos, as-built markups, client communications and coordination with the project managers
- Inspector will be committed to safety, high quality work and customer satisfaction
- Assist with excavation, bedding, backfill, pavement, service connections, tie-ins, pressure testing and disinfection.
- Anticipate construction risks quality, safety, schedule and budget issues and provide leadership in taking corrective action.
- Provide communications between project managers of Jacobs, the client, and the contractor and between the client and residential customers.
- Record project daily progress through typed engineering reports and photos. Recording daily client written job sheets per materials installed. Record daily material quantities delivered on the project site and all materials installed.
- Record daily material installation locations, per tie-backs, for preparation of as-built end of project submittals.
- Record material installation locations through the use of handheld GPS unit.
- Reviewing contractor invoices for client final approval.
- Maintain a continuous record of construction deficiencies and punch list items.
- Attend progress meetings.
- Coordinate material testing requirements with material testing firm and the contractor.
- Review all material test results.
- Monitor the status of erosion control devices on a weekly basis, and after every major rainfall event.
- Prepare a pre-construction and post-construction video of the project site.
- Ensure all materials and project testing are installed and performed in accordance with contract documents.
- 2-year construction management degree or 4-year engineer or construction management is required.
- At least 20 years of experience working with water main installation is required
- Experience in New Jersey is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.