Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Provide expertise to TOSC LCS O&M in support of Launch Control System for GSDO. This includes providing systems analysis. Provides reports and presentations to TOSC management and NASA SE&I
- Support Firing Room Launch Control System (LCS) O&M with an emphasis in Launch Control Systems expertise.
- Support User Engineering with the execution of V&V and Test Operations using SCCS. Emphasis in providing Launch Control System expertise to MCO & Systems End Users.
- Provide SCCS Integration between LCS and KGCS.
- Provide Firing Room Set Support function to analyze anomalies and determine source of error.
- Participate in Design Panels, technical assessments and use case analysis tasks.
- Perform risk identification/mitigation as it pertains to the Launch Control System.
- Provide technical insight and operational inputs ensuring operational scenarios are considered for determining strategy, approaches and scheduling of the LCS System Hardware/Software activities.
- Support operations and systems end users with system software and application problem analysis; provide technical work-around to issues and anomalies, supports with enhancements and fixes.
Requires a BS degree in computer or system science, information technology or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of relevant industry experience. Relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
- Tens years' experience in support of complex launch support systems. Non-trivial experience with advisory systems.
- Proficiency in Linux, and Windows OS is a requirement.
- Proficiency with HP Openview and C++ is desirable.
- Experience in preparing technical packages and presenting to Chief Engineers.
- Proficient in Solumina, Maximo, and MS office products.
- Very strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Systems engineering and test experience.
- Ability to work both independently and with teams.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.