Assume responsibility for the instrumentation and calibration programs at DTF and DDC.
• Core tasks include day to day calibration and repair of basic electronic systems related to test equipment.
• Accurate and timely completion of instrumentation calibrations, repairs, and builds.
• Accurate documentation and database entry on a daily basis
• Plan calibration schedule and facilitate communication with OPS
• Calibrate pressure transducers, transmitters, load cells, temperature transmitters, gas analyzers and handheld/bench top test instruments such as multimeters, process calibrators, thermometers, etc...
• Maintain instrumentation equipment, in a state of readiness, to support test programs.
• Operational test support through troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Ability to work independently, be highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to adapt to an ever changing work environment.
• Ability to think through a situation and see the "big picture". How do your actions affect the client, fellow employees, and data deliverables.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
- 2 years of experience working with instrumentation
- Associates Degree in electrical, controls, or electronics engineering is a plus
- Technical understanding of data acquisition and instrumentation interface / communication
- Operational knowledge of instrumentation equipment related to test systems
- Must be able to read and interpret technical literature, manufacturers specifications, and calibration certifications.
- Ability to develop and interpret reports and calibration metrics.
- Experience with computer based database applications.
- Positive attitude and strong desire to excel
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Climbing stairs - 75%
Crawling - 25%
Sitting (50%), standing (50%), bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Job requires manual labor
Safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, hard hat, gloves- 100%
Inside test facility 90%
Extreme hot/cold temperatures involved - 10%
Equipment and Machines
Computers - 25%
PMHV - 25%
Air driven sockets, basic hand tools - 25%
Monday - Friday
2nd shift (days)
Regular attendance and punctuality are mandatory
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must no impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.