Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The System Administrator will:
- Install, configure, and maintain operating system workstations and servers, including web servers
- Perform software installations, upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedule installations and upgrades, in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Support media management through internal methods and procedures or offsite storage and retrieval services
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database library of all supporting documentation
This position requires an Associates degree with 5 years of relevant experience. An IAT Level II certification is required and may include one of the following: Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, or GSEC. A DoD Top Secret SSBI Security Clearance is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
An IAT Level II certification is required and may include one of the following: Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, or GSEC. A DoD Top Secret SSBI Security Clearance is required.