Jacobs ISG provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Network Technician will provide Network Administration services for all voice and data circuits and endpoints to include but not limited to:
- Baseline, monitor and report on network performance, availability and latency
- Troubleshoot network transport and endpoint devices (switches, routers, firewalls) during scheduled uptime
- Investigate and mitigate performance issues
- Ensure the security profiles (hardening) of all network devices are implemented and maintained up-to-date
- Utilize network management and monitoring tools to maintain situational awareness of all network devices and circuits
- Analyze network traffic and provide detailed reporting on trends
- Report on overall health, performance and capacity of all transport and devices and make recommendations for improvements
- Create daily Call Detail Reporting (CDR) for inbound Service Desk statistics
- Provision and configure VOIP station sets
- Implement direction from Network Engineering and Information Assurance to inspect, patch, and manage firewalls routers and switches to ensure compliance with DoD and F-35 Program security standards and policy
- Review and verify configurations, ports, and settings
- Identify non-standard values and ensure they are reset, closed, or returned to provide configurations unless a justified business need remains and is approved by appropriate authority
- Contribute to the planning, design, development and implementation of all voice and data communications networks
- Prepare and maintain all relevant configuration documentation, to include: network OV's cable plants, rack elevations services
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to listen, understand and translate client requirements
- Strategic planning and organization skills
- Familiarity with software development and network operations concepts and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of basic network principles.
- Knowledge of industry network best practices and the use of project management and IT methodologies including PMI, ITIL, ISO 9000, and CMMI, and tools, and must easily transition from one methodology to the other
This position requires 2 years of college with 3 years of relevant experience. An IAT Level II certification is required and may include one of the following: Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, or GSEC. A DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
An IAT Level II certification is required and may include one of the following: Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, or GSEC. A DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.